AICTE Atal Tunnel has been developed under the Rohtang Hand Down the Leh-Manali Road as an all-weather course to Leh and Lahaul and Spiti lowlands. At a length of 9.02 kilometres, it is the lengthiest tunnel above 10,000 feet (3,048 m) in the world and is named after former Prime Minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
It was inaugurated by Head of state Narendra Modi on 3 Oct 2020. The tunnel reduces the overall span between Manali & Leh, coming from 116 kilometres to 71 kilometres, and the travelling opportunity from 5 – 6 hours to 2 hours.
The tunnel has been actually created, making use of the New Austrian tunnelling strategy. It has been outfitted with a semi-transverse airflow unit, where big followers separately circulate air throughout the tunnel. A 2.25 m tall and a 3.6 m large emergency tunnel has been incorporated into the tunnel cross-section underneath the main carriageway for emptying during emergencies.
Contamination sensors continuously observe the sky quality in the tunnel. Also, if the sky quality in the tunnel is actually below the wanted level, a new sky is injected into the tunnel using two heavy-duty fans on each edge of the tunnel. Atal tunnel, a design wonder, is an appealing & essential example for Public, Mechanical & Structural Design Trainees.
AICTE YUVAK Scheme
The scheme is wanted to offer a Financial Grant for carrying out a Study Excursion of ATAL TUNNEL through Pupils/ faculty of AICTE approved Companies in the field of technological education.
Also Read: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- To acquire firsthand knowledge & information regarding the current methods made use of in the development of the tunnel and explicitly concerning the New Austrian tunneling procedure.
- Gain insight about the problems & of threats experienced during the execution of the task and also their resolution with specific recommendation to digging during massive snowfall in winter, blasting & excavating of uncertain stones, placement of the tunnel given excavating & excavation from each end of the tunnel, digging & tunneling at greater than 46 avalanche sites on techniques to the tunnel, the dispensation of substantial quantities of dug deep into rock and soil, continuous dewatering of heavy access of water, landslides, landslides, etc.
- To enhance the high quality of design education in the nation and infuse the research & development culture among the pupils.
- To urge design trainees to enhance their field of technical education and learning.
- AICTE permitted Establishments in Technical Learning possessing the most recent NIRF position between 001 to five hundred are qualified for the give.
- The crew of 10 Pupils + 1 Professor of each eligible Institute.
- Pupils need to be coming from Normal 2nd & third year B.E./ B.Tech and Integrated M. Technician. Trainees of Public, Technical & Structural Design disciplines.
- Picked students of the staff must have a minimal CGPA of 8.5 in the previous semester.
- AICTE authorized Institutions in the business of Technical Learning having the most up-to-date NIRF ranking in between 001 to five hundred are qualified for the grant.
- Each entitled institute can efficiently deliver just one group of 10 Trainees + 1 Professor.
- Selected pupils of each group ought to have a minimal CGPA of 8.5 in the previous semester.
- 25 Organizations from NRO & NWRO Regions and 75 Institutions coming from staying locations, as per the qualifications standards, will be selected in a financial year on the manner of their NIRF position.
- On the web submitting of the app by the eligible Principle.
- The screening process of the obtained function at the Council Amount.
- A promotion letter will be released as the plan acquires decided on, and the very same will be delivered with an email to the Company.
- The article of function does not immediately suggest that it has the confirmation of the AICTE.
- A single proposal for every Principle is going to be allowed throughout the whole period of the scheme.